are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but McDonald's is our largest
corporate donor. Portions of the annual operating costs for Ronald
McDonald Houses are graciously funded by McDonald's and owner/operators
of local McDonald's restaurants. The remainder of our annual operating
income comes from the generosity of individual and corporate donors.
Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald’s "charity of choice" for 36 years.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- * Kansas McDonald's store owner/operators from the Mid-Kansas Co-Op and
High Plains Co-Op support the organization through various fundraising
and promotional activities, as well as serving on the Board of Directors
- * McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- * RMHC Donation Boxes hosted in restaurants and drive-thrus are the largest source of ongoing RMHC Global fundraising.
- * In-restaurant sales of the Wichita Eagle are donated to RMHC.
- * McDonald's conducts an annual fundraiser in November called McHappy
Day. Since 2002, it has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for RMHC Wichita.
* Although McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor, no
company can solely fund RMHC Wichita programs and our projected growth. We need
the support of the entire community and greatly value any support you
can afford us, whether it’s through cash donations, your time or
Funds raised by McDonald's for RMHC Wichita account for 12 - 15% of the yearly operating budget of the organization.
RMHC Wichita has a license with McDonald's Corporation to operate our programs and to use its trademarks.